- Arden L. Burrell, Jason P. Evans, Yi Liu, Detecting dryland degradation using Time Series Segmentation and Residual Trend analysis (TSS-RESTREND) In Remote Sensing of Environment, Volume 197, 2017, Pages 43-57, ISSN 0034-4257
- Burrell, Arden L., Jason P. Evans, and Yi Liu. The Impact of Dataset Selection on Land Degradation Assessment. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Volume 146, 2018: Pages 22–37.
- Burrell, A. L., J. P. Evans, and Y. Liu. The Addition of Temperature to the TSS-RESTREND Methodology Significantly Improves the Detection of Dryland Degradation IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2019,
- Burrell, A. L., J. P. Evans, and M. De Kauwe. ‘Anthropogenic Climate change has driven over 5 million km2 of drylands towards desertification’. Nature Communications. 2020.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Arden L. Burrell, Kirsten Barrett, Ecosystem collapse in the boreal region
- Arden L. Burrell, Kirsten Barrett, Siberian Boreal forest loss under climate change
- Arden L. Burrell, Jason P. Evans, Aridity and future climate driven desertification